Have you ever found yourself confused when it comes to tying knots, splicing, or knotting in simple everyday tasks? Do you know how to tie a hammock and know how to tie knots that are both tight and easy to untie? It’s too simple, please refer to the article below to be able to learn the basic knots that are extremely tight, you can apply it in life to be able to tie things without worrying about falling. We invite you to read along!
What To Prepare For The Hammock?
Hammock has long been known as one of the indispensable products in every family’s life. And so far, hammocks are often preferred by people for travel. However, how to tie a hammock is one of the things that many people wonder about.
First of all, to be able to hang a hammock as a resting place in the middle of the forest or hang a hammock against the wall to rest for lunch at homestays, enjoy the afternoon breeze, etc., we need to prepare some furniture such as:
With how to tie a hammock when traveling, you only need to prepare a hammock just enough to lie down and ropes or parachute strings for us to proceed with how to knit the hammock. There are two types of hammocks on the market today, which are pre-wired and non-wired hammocks.
Therefore, you need to pay attention to arrange and carry the charging cord so that the hammock pole has the appropriate length.
Normally, the different types of knots rope should have a length of over 2m, so if we bring the rope knot too short, it will not be enough to tie the tying a hammock to a tree, not to mention the distance between the two trees, the further away we will need the longer rope.
Necessary tools for home hammock
As for the hammock knots in the house, the furniture that needs to be prepared will be more complicated, including bolts, canopies, square black longs, round black bolts, and tools such as drills and wrenches. These are mainly tools for making hammock points.
The Popular Way For How To Tie A Hammock
On the market today, there are two main types of hammocks to meet the needs of users: a fixed hammock in the house and a flexible rope hammock. When traveling, we can only bring a rope hammock. Therefore, you need to equip yourself with skills on how to tie a hammock securely to ensure that the hammock provides the most comfortable feeling when you rest.
- Reef knot/square knot is a simple and common knot, used to tie the ends of a rope to hold an object. This basic knot tying can be used to tie goods, tie shoelaces, and end bandages for patients.
- Sheet bend, becket bend, weaver’s knot, and weaver’s hitch are quick and useful different knots to join two ropes of different cross-sections and are used in the wiring when pitching tents, knitting nets, etc.
- To tie a knot, first, grasp the larger rope near one end, then make a small loop at the end by grabbing the bent end back and holding the end in your hand.
- Next is to grasp the smaller rope and then thread it from the bottom of the small loop up. Then wrap the rope around the small loop of the larger rope, starting at the end of the large rope.
- Then thread it through below the place where the little string comes up from under the circle.
- Finally, pull the cord smaller to tighten the knot.
- The clove hitch is a type of knot commonly used to tie a boat to a stake on the shore or to tie the top of hammock camping. It is also used as the starting node for rope around the tree (tower) nodes for camping knots.
- First, wrap a loop around the pole or stake with the short end above the loop just created. Wrap the short end of the cord around the pole one more loop and thread the short end under the cuff. Pull the cord tight.
- Single-seat knot or bowline, This secure knot will create a fixed circle, they are often applied when tying ropes around people or animals without fear of the loop slipping or tightening. into the neck.
- This method is also often applied when climbing mountains, working at height, or throwing people who are about to drown in the water …
- Figure-eight loop, this method is often applied to prevent the rope from slipping off the tools and equipment such as rope poles when sailing or climbing mountains and making rope ladders, pulling wood.
- Round turn & two half hitches: Used to lock the essential knots, used to secure the end of the rope to a fixed object.
- Taut-line hitch: This hammock knot allows you to adjust the length and short of the string.
- As an adjustable knot for use on load-bearing lines. It is useful when the length of a line will need to be adjusted periodically to maintain tension. It is made by tying a coil of wire around the stand after passing through an anchor.
- A Sheepshank Knot is used to shorten a piece of rope or shrink the remaining part of the rope or can be applied when you want to shorten the overlapped rope when you do not want to cut that piece of rope.
- Besides, you can also apply it when tied to trailers or sailboats.
- Bowline on a bight: The double knot also gives you a fixed circle in the middle of the rope. This method can be applied to create a toe hold in the middle of a rope or as a safety seat ring in rescue, which is more convenient and comfortable than a single seat button. Each loop can be used on each thigh, and the upper part is draped over the chest for safety.
- Trucker’s hitch knot: Used to increase and decrease the rope. The way to do it is to use 1 knot in the middle of the rope to form a loop of wire (can be replaced with a bird’s beak button), one end of the anchor and one end of the hook to the other anchor, thread the second end of the anchor line into the loop just created.
- Drag up and down in your direction, ending with a single button.
Choose a suitable hammock position
- Choosing the location of the hammock ties is one of the extremely important steps before we proceed to how to tie the hammock. Choosing a suitable position not only ensures our safety during rest but also brings a sense of comfort. So some principles you need to keep in mind in choosing a hammock position are:
- Choose large trees to hang hammocks to ensure safety. When we lie on the hammock to rest, the hammock will support the whole weight of the body and the key point is the ropes attached to the trees as support.
Therefore, if you choose a tree that is too small or weak, it will be easy to fall into a broken tree that will injure us during rest.
- We should choose old trees with large trunks about an arm’s length, should not choose trees that are too big because the larger the trunk, the more ropes used to tie the hammock will be. Sometimes when traveling, it is difficult to find a long hammock rope.
- The appropriate height to tie the hammock rope is the height ranging from 1m to 1.5m. At this height, the hammock will not touch the ground when we sit or lie down, ensuring you can always be comfortable.
- The appropriate distance between two trees to tie the hammock should range from 2.5 m to 3 m.
Knitting the hammock
After choosing the right place to hang the hammock, we need to pocket for ourselves the following two simplest ways to tie the hammock.
- How to knit the first bowline knot
First, you need to proceed to loop the hammock rope through the tree that we have chosen to hook the hammock.
Then, for the excess wire that is not connected to the hammock, you will put it on top of the rope connected to the hammock and then loop the rope in reverse.
Finally, for the end of the excess wire, you need to cleverly insert it into the part of the rope that hugs the tree trunk.
For the rest of the hammock, we do the same, but before doing this, you need to check that the hammock is at the top and the back of the hammock is at the bottom so that the hammock is not twisted, causing the hammock to overturn when used.
However, one problem that you need to pay attention to in the process of performing a hammock tie is to keep the hammock very tight, to avoid the case of the hammock being duplicated, causing when sitting, lying on the hammock and rubbing it on the ground, it is both unsafe and uncomfortable, does not provide comfort.
- How to knit the second hammock rope
The second way to tie the hammock is the way to hook up the army hammock. The way to tie the hammock head in this way is similar to the way to tie the hammock head above.
However, after wrapping the hammock rope around the trunk, the end of the rope that is not connected to the hammock end is placed below the rope connected to the hammock and turned upside down.
Then the end of that wire needs to be inserted between two ropes wrapped around the trunk to fix.
Check carefully before lying down
Before lying on the hammock, you need to check the overlap of the hammock and the certainty of the way of knitting the hammock head to ensure safety, to avoid the case of use, the knotted head will slip and we will be injured.
To check the overlap of the hammock just sit on the hammock and bend your legs up. If the hammock overlaps too much, we can increase the height of the rope.
How To Tie Knots When Hooking A Hammock To A Column
In addition to tying the hammock straps to the tree when going to the forest or trekking, we can also hang the hammock on the pillars when traveling if you stay at Homestays designed in the style of stilts.
How to tie a hammock rope to a house pole is similar to how to tie a hammock rope to a tree. If the bark is rough, we only need to tie a rope, then when tying the hammock rope to the pole, you need to make 3 to 4 ropes to increase the strength because the house poles are usually reinforced wooden pillars. round, smooth, and easy to slip wire.
One thing to pay special attention to is how to tie a hammock rope to a house pole, we need to use a flat parachute cord to make a hammock because the flat parachute cord is quite firmly attached to the column.
In addition, you can use long pieces of rope to tie many rounds to the house poles firmly, then leave the excess rope and tie it to the hammock. This way of tying a hammock is a bit expensive, but it ensures a very high level of safety. In particular, you need to pay attention to the rope ties to make sure.
How to hook a hammock to the wall
In addition, to ensure convenience and high safety, many homestays now also have ready-made waiting heads for guests to hang hammocks. What’s the difference between the way of hooking the hammock to the wall compared to tying a hammock to a normal pole?
For this hammock, we will not need to prepare too long ropes to wrap around the tree trunks or poles like the two ways of hooking the hammock above, but the part of the hammock rope and the front end need to be tied tightly, hanging a hammock to avoid the case of teeth slipping when lying down.
About how to tie the hammock, you should apply the style of tying the hammock noose and then tighten the tie tightly. The way to tie a hammock rope is very simple. Initially, we just need to bend the rope into an S shape and narrow the distance between them, then use the end of the rope not connected to the hammock to wrap around this S shape from 5 to 7 turns.
The special thing to note when hooking the hammock to the wall is that you need to align the hammock so that it is perfectly fine because if we make the hammock overlap, you will have to proceed to knots for hammocks the whole noose just by tying it is not simple, like tying a hammock to a tree trunk.
What To Pay Attention To When Hooking Hammock Ropes?
To stay safe when traveling, especially in the forest, we need to pay attention to some issues such as:
- Choose a location where the hammock is on flat terrain, avoid rough places or cliffs to prevent the hammock rope from breaking and causing injury.
- If in the evening we sleep in the forest, you need to make a fire near the hammock position just to keep the body warm and also to scare away wild animals.
- Sleep in a hammock in the forest to avoid being bitten by insects, it is best to apply hot creams and lotions
- Be especially careful in how to hook the hammock as well as ensure safety
Above we have suggested to us some of the most common ways for how to tie a hammock today that you can apply to tie a hammock while traveling, or taking a lunch break at home, … in addition to being able to For more detailed and useful advice, please leave a comment below!